will it run, burried a 1957 Plymouth Belvedere

-
Vote no. 3 for me. If it had gas in it, it will be hard Varnish by now! So it depends on how the engine was prepped.
As far as rust, I doubt they had desiccant or moister absorber, so I think it will have minor rust!

I would say #3, would be funny if they uncapped it and the car was gone, now that would be a good one.

Hmmmm, interesting. I don't know anything about Tulsa, it's a dry area isn't it? If it is, I would think the car would be in pretty decent shape, I doubt it will fire up with a turn of the key, seals and gaskets may be a problem? With a bit of fiddling I think it would 1) run and drive, and possibly be in very good condition depending on how air tight the tomb was.

I think it will definatly be salvagable. I also agree that all the seals and gaskets will be as shot as you could be. If they left gas in it you may as well kiss the fuel system good by. I think it will have some rust. I am interested to see what they find when they uncover it. What would be sickly funny is if they found someone sittin in the car because they just couldn't bear the thought of it being burried alone.

i think minor rust and probably won't start. i saw a tv show not to long ago about a huge beach erosion from a storm at sea somewhre in the us on the east coast. nj. comes to mind. anyway the storm eroded the beach down so far it uncovered a pile of old cars buried in the sand to help with the beach erosion. they were from late 50's. they had been buried in the early 60's around 63 i think. some cars came out of the sand in pretty rough shape but some were pretty good. the good ones were looked like they had been under a tree somewhere. surface rust on them, but the chrome was still there and even faintly shined. hard to belive after sitting in salty beach sand with the water licking at your heals for 40 years!

I predict lawsuits will plague this project once it's out of the ground.

Hey isn't that the Christine car from that Steven King movie. I'll bet she comes out sparkling like new and starts right up.

I say give her a drink of fresh gas with a spray bottle and it will fire write up. :thumrigh:
then set on the finder keeping her wet with gas
And loud it on the trailer and take it to jonesboro Arkansas. =D>

Cerwin said:
well your a little late on this,

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=16438

myself..
65dartcharger.. and
memike.1

are already planning to steal this bad boy..

i dunno how it will turn out tho.. im very curious..
sorry i was presuming someone already jumped on this, but i didnt see any topic that resembled it, my bad, i didnt mean to thread-jack. I cant wait to see the results :thumbup: :toothy7:

meh its all good man i was looking for it on CNN aswell so i could post both but i never found it since i had the link saved and i have been following this for the last 5 years.

so haha to you.. and i think it will fire up too.. with some persausion.. gas and ignitor and a new battery.. haha i wonder how much someone will pay for that bad boy if they sell it ..

H22A4 said:
I predict lawsuits will plague this project once it's out of the ground.

I agree. That microfilm has disintergrated by now. And you KNOW every nut job will be claiming they won.... but I am interested in the cars condition. I had read about this years ago and now we'll see what's inside this spring.

demon seed said:
Hey isn't that the Christine car from that Steven King movie. I'll bet she comes out sparkling like new and starts right up.

I think Christine was a 58 Fury. Looks a lot like her though. Hope she`s not pissed for being buried for 50 years and start running over people when she comes out!

Who would dare to drink the Schlitz beer they put in the trunk? Yuk!

Does anybody know the exact date of exhumation?

yeah..they would just need to get the right silver side panelin'..and good 2 go ;-).. it bein' covered and all..i'm thinkin' it'll be in perdy good shape.. :)

well it just got entered into my phone's calender. i cant wait to see how it turns out, i have to agree with h22a4 some kinda of lawsuit will come from this and everyone will claim it, perhaps it should be put in a local museum, maybe restored and drove :-| :toothy7:

now now, what if one of us are the relatives?.. :toothy7:

id be over with beer to evaluate the situation... and definetly go for a cruise... :thumbup:

:wav:

Cerwin

-
Back