Will it work?

-
I got one of those. I use it to spot blast small places when I don't want to break out the big pot blaster. Works great.

I thought so. Although I,m going to get a cabinet, man that stuff flys back at ya and blast the face too. I did wear safety glasses AND a face shield, but it still snuck around it some.

15 - 20 minutes. Got to have at least a 60 gallon to keep up.

It's not the best thing, but it didn't do bad either.

I wholly support my local economy by paying someone else to handle that nasty nasty work.

Lol, If I paid someone, it would have cost more than the tool and the media. Now I still have the tool.

Although, next time I use it, I'm going to try something different for material.

So your saying my Pancake compressor wont keep up with this? LOL. How many times did you have to stop and reload it? It appears to have done a nice job.

3 or 4 times, it takes a whole ten seconds to fill it, lol.

I think next time I'll try different material.

Life is an experiment.

That isnt to bad, I was just curious how fast it drained it and if you spent more time filling it then actually using it. Someday when I get a compressor I will have all these fun toys.

Oh, you could drain it rather quickly, but it has a valve in it to adjust flow. I had it closed down pretty tight, because even wide open it did the same, just used more media.

Ive found I can drain my big 50 gal pretty quick with my homemade cabinet. Well reach the cut-in pressure anyway. Ive dialed my psi reg down as low as 50 psi and with media still in good shape it works well.
What about the home made soda blaster you made Bruce?? At least the media wouldnt be as nasty.

I still use the soda blaster on aluminum, it frustrates me on rusty crusty stuff.

And I can actually use it in this too.

Be real handy to blast something on the car and not have to take it off as long as it isnt inside the car lol.

Be real handy to blast something on the car and not have to take it off as long as it isnt inside the car lol.

Did this with the master cyl on my Doge Cummins. I had put a new one on it and meant to clearcoat it first. But time got away from me. I went back and spot blasted it on the truck, then cleared it right away. Worked great.

Try aluminum oxide next time. That's what I use. It works good. Lasts along time too......if you ain't blowin it all over the ground. lol

-
Back