Will LED Dash Lights cure this?

-

74Dusted

Stock Piler of 340's
Reaction score
This is what I see when I'm driving my D50 at night... :prayer:

The reason I ask, is my D50 uses metal face gauges (like an A-Body) and even with all the bulbs working and the lights turned up as bright as they'll go, I can barely see the gauges at night. I'll be able to pick out certain numbers on the speedometer, temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, etc but can't see the whole gauge or even the needles.

The opposite applies for my A-Bodies and D300 (which also have metal face gauges), I usually have to dim the dash lights, even with regular light bulbs in them, because they're so bright.

Makes it kind of a PITA to drive the truck at night, since I'm just guessing how fast I'm driving, guessing how much fuel is in the tank, etc. Fortunately I have a Mechanical Temperature Gauge & Oil Pressure Gauge installed on the side of the AC Vent/Console Gauge Pack (those are visible at night, so I at least know if something isn't right with the engine)

It's been like this for as long as I can remember, and even further than that. My dad bought the truck in the 80's and he said the dash lights sucked from day 1.

I've checked the grounds, dimmer switch, sockets, bulbs, etc. There's nothing wrong with it, the lighting just naturally sucks the big one.

Wow, that was a huge improvement on your lighting. That gives me some hope on my dash lights.

LED's in my 'Cuda

Attachments

• DSCF3042 (Medium).jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCF3043 (Medium).jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCF3044 (Medium).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 128
-
Back