Will my 5.7L run?

-

Stacked360

Reaction score
I'm getting very close to firing up my 05' Hemi since...well...since it was pulled from the 300C years ago. I've got my wiring sorted out, fuel lines ran, fluids in the transmission and motor, and it's looking good. The only thing I'm curious about is...I have no exhaust on the motor other than the SRT8 Jeep headers... my question is will it run with no signal from the upstream O2 sensors? and if it will, does it enter limp mode? Go rich like crazy? Purr like a kitten? Anyone else been in a similar situation?

Thanks in Advance!

I don't think you would want to run it with out them! It could run super rich and ruin the cylinder cross hatch. causing piston ring seal problems. or it might just die when put in gear.

Maybe you could wire tie the sensors in the exhaust stream.

i got a buddy with a 03 hemi truck has had the cats off for about a yr other than check engine light it runs fine. alittle on the loud side but sounds great to me

if u r really worried about it i've seen those little gizmos that plug into sensors & tricks the computer into thinkin the o2s r working about 40 bucks ea. think i seen them in jegs don't remeber exactly what the name is. u can asked a good parts man for the name.

Dont the exhaust manifolds have the o2 bung in them already? If so, fire that dude up. It will be loud, but so what, enjoy the music.

Dont the exhaust manifolds have the o2 bung in them already? If so, fire that dude up. It will be loud, but so what, enjoy the music.

Only the LX manifolds have O2 Sensor bungs in them, the Jeep SRT8 had them in the pipe immediately following the manifolds.

They need the O2 sensors plugged in and in the exhaust stream, you could plug them in then use wire to wire them across the end of manifolds, attaching them to the studs. That should get you running safely without the over rich situation or worse yet, leaning it out. Our 6.1 has been starting and reving up without complication with TTI's and front O2 sensors intact. Loud and awesome!!!

-
Back