Will my power brake booster fit when I put my 440 into my 75 duster with schumaker swap mounts?

-

Sixpack_Sid

Reaction score
Will my power brake booster fit when I put my 440 into my 75 duster with schumaker swap mounts? I just finished painting my car and getting ready to reassemble the car. The booster that was on the car had brake fluid leak out of the vacuum hole when I was sanding it for paint I don't think this is common any thoughts? Also will the booster fit with the larger motor?

Thanks

Sid

Will my power brake booster fit when I put my 440 into my 75 duster with schumaker swap mounts? I just finished painting my car and getting ready to reassemble the car. The booster that was on the car had brake fluid leak out of the vacuum hole when I was sanding it for paint I don't think this is common any thoughts? Also will the booster fit with the larger motor?

Thanks

Sid
If you have this booster, then no.
1689209506093.png

You MAY get the earlier ('67-'72) 6 1/2 or 7" booster to clear,
1689210312476.png

but cores are expensive and you'll most likely need to have it rebuilt (they're not available new or reman)- Doctor Diff sells a similar unit, but even that may not clear the valve cover... (Give him a call, he can probably tell you for sure).
Bendix Style Dual Diaphragm Booster for Mopars
Brake fluid in the booster means the seal in the master cylinder is shot. Brake fluid and booster diaphragms do not play nice together- booster may need a rebuild as a result.
Since you're already looking at a new booster and master anyway, now would be a good time to reconsider whether you really need power brakes after all, considering the space constraints and the potential costs...
By the way, you do know the blower motor also needs to be modified to clear the 440's passenger side valve cover, right? There's a couple of good articles on this in the "How To" section.

Other option is to go hydroboost that runs off power steering pump pressure. Also allows you to run any camshaft you want. Expensive compared to the factory booster BUT gives you a lot more room.

Electric PS under the dash is also the newest craze.

I have the right stuff kit which is essentially the same as that ebay link, I will let you know this weekend if it fits. I am to that point in the build where it needs brakes now so that is next on the whiteboard. It actually does seem like it will clear the valve cover but just barely

Ignore the wire and switch, jimmy rigged fuel pump for breakin lol

You will have to move your washer reservoir to the other side.....

Lied about the washer reservoir… anyway it all clears, even my hood

IMG_2482.jpeg

IMG_2481.jpeg

-
Back