Will these tires fit ???

-

PhillH

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've got my 360 built and installed and now actually getting ready to put on the road and take for tuning, very happy about this! 1971 Plymouth Scamp, auto and 8 3/4 rear, stock 14 inch steel wheels 5 on 4 inch and no mods to the suspension yet, power steering and power drum brakes. I do not want to roll the fenders. Can I use BFGoodrich Radial TA,s 225/60/14 ???
I wouldn't mind a bit of rub at full lock but that's about it for interference. Thanks.

Am I on some sort of black list? Have I committed some sort of forum NO NO that I'm not aware of ? Not really feeling the love here lately?....

Stock wheels are around 4.5" wide and a 225/60 uses a 6" wheel at the minimum so no you cannot use them.

If you did find a 6" wide wheel with stock offset, they should fit, since they are shorter than a stock tire. 215/70-14 fits no problem, and it's much taller.

Thanks guys. I'm not really liking that combo and I have a set of Rallye 14x6 with what looks to be 4 inch offset, I've decided to drop em for sandblasting and paint them. So can you help me with the best fit? Looking for fatter type muscle car look. Thanks.

The rallyes are six inches wide so that should open up the possibilities, dropped them off at the sandblaster today.

The 14x6 rallyes you're getting painted should work with 225/60 tires. I'm running 235/60/14 on 14x6 rallyes at all corners on my Scamp and they fit. You can check out photos of it in the photo section.

That's the look I was going for, your Scamp is sweet! No rubbing issues?

No rubbing issues. About 1 1/4" of clearance between outer sidewall and quarter panel lip and about 3/8" clearance between inner sidewall and leaf spring. Since there was no discount between buying 2 or 4 tires, I bought a pair to test fit them on the front and back before getting another pair of 235/60's for the front.

Perfect. There was a $100 off deal on Cooper Cobra 235/60/14 so I ordered those today. I had a set of these before and really liked them. Hopefully they fit as well as yours do and at $340 for 4 and free shipping, a screaming deal..

-
Back