will they work?

-

1973dartswinger

Reaction score
http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/pts/4684478489.html
hey guys and gals found a set of wheels on craigslist that are just about what im lookin for. I was looking for 17 or 18 inch wheels but found these. I know alot of members run the 17 and some the 18 inch mustang wheels but these are new style 19s. I've been searching for probably over an hour to seen someone has discussed something similar to this but I've had a hard time finding anything. I personally don't understand all the offset and back spacing and all that measurement off the top of my head. So here the are 19x9 mustamg wheels. Will the fit stock and if not what would I need to do to make them fit? Thanks in advance

Duh... 73 disc brake car all stock suspension as of now but have been looking at different ideas for a better ride and handling. As far as the rear im going to be getting and explorer 8.8 cut down on the one Sid to put out back to handle the 360 i have for it. As far as the website you sent I've looked there but I was thinking he's at $750 but negotiable and thats with tires so that's a relatively cheap price for four wheels and tires

Those rims, if they're for a '10-'14 Mustang like they appear to be, will probably have too much offset. A small spacer will probably work in the front, but the back will be way too much for a stock rear. If you're going to do an 8.8 they might work, but we'd have to know the length of the 8.8 and the actual offset of those rims.

The 255/40/19's are also 27" tall. It will work in the back, but in the front its not going to clear. About as much as you can get away with on the front of a stock A-body is 26". Maybe a little more on a Dart because of the longer wheel openings, but not a 27".

Without the actual offset on those rims it's pretty hard to say.

***Edit***

Ok, those rims are 19x9 with a 42mm offset if they're the original Ford rims. In the front, you'd need to get to about 35mm offset for them to fit. So, ~7mm worth spacer. You'd also probably need to have the hub register opened up to clear the disk hub on your '73, Ford rims usually have a hub bore that's too narrow to fit over a mopar disk.

In the back, for a stock rear end, you'd need about 40mm of spacer. You could get a 1.5" spacer that has the integral lug studs, that would probably be close enough to work. For the 8.8, the width would need to be about 56" flange to flange, or just about 60.4" across the wheel mounting faces.

But you'd still need new tires in the front.

I found this back Spacing:6.6" (168mm)Offset:+48mm (1.9") on the american muscle set of wheels which id imagine to be the same as ford due to the fact there made for factory replacements and the 8.8 width will be wheel mount to wheel mount 56 3/4

Just saw your edit blue. Overall doesn't seem like they would be too bad to stuff under the car. I don't mind spacers I've had them on my jeep xj to fit jk wheels for years with no problems. As far as buying new tires for the front thats not a bad proposition at all as I would just have an extra set for the rear whem I melt them away in a cloud of tire smoke :p.

One more thought process. If the explorer rear is only three inches wider. Which it is and I would need three inches of spacers once its narrowed what would happen if I didnt narrow it? I understand the center section would be offset to the one side but I was reading in the 8.8 thread that it might be ok as there was a mopar dana rear that was also offset. Would this offset be a problem causing driveline vibrations and driveshaft problem. Or could I in fact run the rear with the center section offset and use no spacers on the wheels. Stock explorer rear is 59 3/4

-
Back