Will this converter work?

-

Confusedcuda

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 67 barracuda that came with a 273. I found a good deal on a 340 and bought it and put it in my barracuda, using everything from my 273, radiator, headers,etc. including my 904 with the stock torque converter. It has ran good for the last 3 years or so, other than it really wants to pull you through stop lights, and we have have never been able to get it to kick-down out on the hi-way,(but it will manually). I found a TCI Break-away TC for the 904 #141300 11", for next to nothing. I am hoping this will fit my 904, when I have the tranny rebuilt this winter. What do you think? It will be nice not have to buy another TC. Thanks!

I am not sure, I will check my paperwork. There is that much difference from a 67 and 68 tranny?

we even drilled a hole in the kickdown lever to get more throw, it is throwing the lever plenty of enough, not a tranny expert at all, but a lot say it has something to do with line pressure and such

Another difference between 67 and 68 converters is the pilot that slips into the crank. The 67 and back was 1.55" and 68 and up are 1.81". That's 1/4" of slop. If you use a 67 converter on a newer engine it'll flop around in the crank and could break something.

-
Back