Will this fit?

-
Sure but you can't use the crown gear without the old pinion so all you're buying is the carrier and you will need new crown gear to carrier bolts.

Terry

I'm really just interested in the sure grip unit. I already have a new set of gears to use.

Thanks,
Ken

I'm really just interested in the sure grip unit. I already have a new set of gears to use.

Thanks,
Ken

Well that could be a problem then, that's a cone type sure grip with 90,000 or more miles on it. The cone type axle gear has a tapered portion that fits into a corresponding taper in each end of the differential case. If this area of the case is worn (I suspect it will be) it is repairable but is it worth it, personally for me "no".

Terry

Well that could be a problem then, that's a cone type sure grip with 90,000 or more miles on it. The cone type axle gear has a tapered portion that fits into a corresponding taper in each end of the differential case. If this area of the case is worn (I suspect it will be) it is repairable but is it worth it, personally for me "no".

Terry

Thanks for the honest opinion. I don't really know anything about these, so I really appreciate it.

Ken

-
Back