Will this rad fit?

-

Joep

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a 3 row 26" core champion radiator in a 71 demon and I'm wondering if it will fit? I'm trying to keep a big 440 cool so before I go and spend 400 bucks for a radiator I want to make sure I only do it once. Am I gonna have to make it fit or will it fit without any custom fab?

Just watched the newest episode of Roadkill and they put a 440 in a Duster. They put a 26" rad in it but it took some hammering. Worth a watch.

I wonder where those guys got that rad from. I thought you can install a 26" in a 22" hole just buy cutting the rad support area wider to fit. The hight should have been the same if they did in fact use an A Body rad and not some off the shelf one they had laying around (like they are known to do).

It was the radiator out of their Charger along with the engine and trans which came from a motor home. IF you use a 26" in your car your going to have to drill holes and your opening is only 22". What are you using for a fan? There may be a water pump to rad difference depending on what your using.

I just finished putting a Champion CC375 in my 67 GTS today. It is cooling 499". If you follow the thread on here it will fit without cutting. Using 98 Ford Contour dual fans. You can get the radiator shipped for $206, Joe

-
Back