will this tire fit stock swinger 27.00x10.50-15

-

abodyhotrod

Reaction score
looks like it will. i now have a 26in. tire w/a 9.4 tread width,9.8 sectional. the room left to the fender is 1/2in and 1.1/4 to the leaf spring. the slick measures 27x10.5-15. the tire is 1 in taller no prob. tread is 8.9 and the sectional is 10.6in. its close. i have 4.5 in backspacing on a 8in rim. i would need to go to a 5in. backspacing to near center the tire and seems like i would have about 1/2in on each side,is that enough room for big side wall tires, how much room do you need.
i got to say it seems really wide for a stock wheel well,the rear end is a moser60 built w/leafs in stock position. oh **** i forgot i had disk in back i have to check to see if a 15in rim will even clear.
so i guess my ? is, is 1/2 in. sidewall room enough room for a slick tire,or whats the biggest tire i can fit was looking at mt street et's w/m5 compound.

i found a smaller 10.3 sectional tire, but an inch bigger rim, this combo will fit.

go w/5in backspacing and use a 1/8in. spacer to center the rim.

Hey Abodyhotrod. thanks for the info. i will be looking for tirw and wheel (i hope soon) i will need to measure thou. i have an 8 3/4 from b-body so i will need deeper backspacing. again thanks.

-
Back