will this vapor canister work

-

plymouth73

Reaction score
Hello Mopar Fans,

I have a 1973 plymouth scamp 318 with street demon carb. When I bought the car it had no vapor canister, so I used the vent line for a fuel return coming off of my 3 nipple fuel filter to a new fuel sending unit that has a return line, so I capped the original vent tube on the tank. So as you can guess the tank is not vented now, instead of doing the easy route I would like to install a proper vapor canister so I picked this up from the parts yard. Is there a way I can make this work properly? I picked it from a 93 mazda pickup because the mileage and size plus it has a handy mounting bracket. Any thought would be appreciated.
vapor canister.jpg

i got a gm one on ebay,its new and fits the orig.bracket.and works great

I've got a 3 port canister, non-mopar similar to that. It'll work. I'm running a street demon also.

I've got a 3 port canister, non-mopar similar to that. It'll work. I'm running a street demon also.
can you tell me how you hooked it up? I am basically starting from scratch. Do I need to get a purge valve and a vapor/liquid separator?

can you tell me how you hooked it up? I am basically starting from scratch. Do I need to get a purge valve and a vapor/liquid separator?
Sorry, I was mistaken. Mine is a two port canister. It's been a while since I messed with it. I think yours will work fine though. PLUG the A/C port on the can and run the others to the tank and carb respectively. All that thing does is provide a vent for the gas tank and when the car is sitting, it absorbs evaporated gas from the carb. When the engine is started it pulls a vacuum and those fumes are introduced into the carb and burned. It's just filled with charcoal with a filter on the bottom. The pic shows where I hooked it to my street demon carb.

IMG_4088.JPG

-
Back