Will this work?

-

Valleyant

Valleyant
Reaction score
This is for a 1974 Duster with factory front disc brakes, Stock leaf location, Bbp 7-1/4 rear.
Looking to buy 14x8 rear Chrysler ralley wheels with 4.5" back spacing. I want to install 245/60-14 BFG tires. Will they be too close to the leaf springs? Thanks for the help!

Sounds like it may be a close fit on the wheel well lip. I had to trim them a little on my old Demon. The tabs were not folded up on the seam and cut on the sidewall a little till I fixed it.

I have a set of 255/60-r15s on my 73 dart swinger, with bbp 7 1/4 and front disc brakes. My rims are 15x8 with 4.5 backspacing, they are pretty tight on the leafs but haven't rubbed after 2k miles of hard driving. The issue that I have is its very close to the fender lip on one side, and if my rear was centered better it would fit perfectly, but it will be fixed with my new 8 3/4 rear.

Short answer is yes it should fit on the leafs but it could get close to the fender lip.

Thanks guys! another option is a 7" wide wheel with 4 1/4" offset. I need to take a rear wheel off and do some measuring to be 100%

-
Back