Will this work?

-

skinnysteve72

Reaction score
I’m buying a 4 bbl intake for my slant 6, I’ve heard 390 cfm is the sweet spot for those, will this carb match up?

IMG_1862.png

What intake did you buy? Asking “will it work?” With that slim of info is like asking what’s the price of fuel in 10years because I bought a new lawnmower. Lol!
Just messing- we need more info.
Syleng1

that wouldn't be my first choice for a stock engine, but then again neither would a 4bbl

will it work, yes. will it be ideal, no.

It’s not going to be stock forever, hopefully in the next year, that’s why I opted for this instead of a 2 bbl

Put a header on it, most cost effective h/p going on nat aspirated engine.
Get the exhaust out, before trying to cram more air in.
Engine is airpump, you're trying to put a 4 inch inlet into a 2 inch pump, with a 2 inch outlet.
Open the outlet. jmo

If you just HAVE to have a four barrel now, I would try to find the old tried and true Holley 4160 390 vacuum secondary carburetor. 8007 I think is the list number.

The intake is an offenhauser 6=8 4 bbl

You might want to double check your intake manifold. If it's an Offy that's the only designation it will show on the casting. If it says "6=8" that's a trademark for a Clifford, which is a different animal. Rule of thumb, the Clifford does better for more modified high RPM slants, an Offy is better on the street. It might make a difference which one you have as pertains to your goals for the car.

And if you're looking to do a mild improvement on your slant, a Super Six setup is a dandy way to go.

-
Back