Will wheels fit?

-

gtxdude

Reaction score
Posted here because there's more people on this post. Have 65 Dart, looking at putting 15 X 6 cragars on front and 15 X 7 on back I'm switching to LBP. Wondering if there's any clearance issues for turning up front? Haven't picked tires yet, can go with any thing that will make fit. Can get 15" right away from Summit, 14" are taking a while to get here on the boat. Checked post for "wheel and tire combos" didn't see alot of 65's in there. thanks

Posted here because there's more people on this post. Have 65 Dart, looking at putting 15 X 6 cragars on front and 15 X 7 on back I'm switching to LBP. Wondering if there's any clearance issues for turning up front? Haven't picked tires yet, can go with any thing that will make fit. Can get 15" right away from Summit, 14" are taking a while to get here on the boat. Checked post for "wheel and tire combos" didn't see alot of 65's in there. thanks

Not sure on your specific car, but with the 6" wheel, I'd have to think a 195/70 should fit nice on the rim and at 25.75ish tall, should clear without a issue as long as the torsion bars aren't cranked down real low.

I had a 64 with 15x6 up front and that was with 205 60 15 up front, no issues at all. I think you may have more issues with rear fitment.

One of the tricks to getting wide tires under the rear fenders of a Dart is to lift the car at the frame, not the body. I had 205/60-15s on 15x7 wheels, 4¼ back spacing under the fenders of a '73 BBP w/disc brake front and 7¼" rear. No issues at all.

Keep in mind tire selction sucks for 14-15" unless your wanting hockey puck BFG t/a's

-
Back