WILLl f body auto floor shift and console fit a 73 to 75 duster ?

-

couper 340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone no if a F body auto floor shift and console fit in a 73 to 75 duster?

"Will it fit"? It won't be a bolt-in, so it will all depend on your ability/willingness to modify and fabricate. Anything can be made to work- I've seen B and E body consoles fit into A bodies, for instance; so it isn't far fetched at all.

Last edited:
The nice thing is if you use the linkages and z bar from the f body, it will match the shifter and the trans shift lever.
Honestly proper layout and set up and it should work like the factory designed it.

The nice thing is if you use the linkages and z bar from the f body, it will match the shifter and the trans shift lever.
Honestly proper layout and set up and it should work like the factory designed it.
Thanks for that info there is one in the junk yard near me . Will see what they want for it.

Make sure you get ALL the parts for it!
Floor brackets; all linkage including rods, pivots, transmission and frame brackets, all console wiring (and as long of the connecting pigtails to the main harness as you can get, making careful notes as to what circuits it taps into), take careful measurements as to where the floor brackets attach (and photos) and where the linkage goes through the floor. Heck, if practical I'd take the whole transmission tunnel with everything intact...

please post a picture of the F-body console and shifter before you remove it!

-
Back