Willwoods disks with 9-inch-dog-dish-hub-capped rims?

-

J Glenn

Reaction score
Anybody out there running Willwoods with 15" or 16" rims with 9" dog-dish hubcaps?

Please don't tell me: don't do it. That is not productive. I want to, if I can find the right rims.

I know the Willwood hubs need a larger center hole in the rim. I see rims out there that *might* work, but I figured someone out there might be crazy enough to have done this before me and know what rims WILL work.

I need at least 15" rims. (Maybe 16".) I want them to accept 9" dog-dish. And, of course, work with Willwood disks. Prefer 4" lug pattern (so that I don't have to change the rear-end to match). Want 6" wide, probably (Because I know those work well without rubbing.) I have to double-check the offset (later today).

I tried making a 4 inch bolt pattern to work on WILDWOODS... no luck ... You will need to use a minimum of 15 inch wheel ... which will not fit snug on center hub of willwood rotor.. I was told that does not matter due to wheel is lug centric and not hub centric .. hope this helps

I'm not sure what the problem is. Do you have Wilwood brakes with small bolt pattern hubs already? Stockton Wheel will make you a stock-style steel wheel to your specification: bolt pattern, width, diameter, and offset. So just take measurements and order the size that works with the brakes, after confirming with them that the wheel will take the dog dish.

If you don't already have the brakes and hubs, then you need to find out if Wilwood actually makes a small bolt pattern conversion. If they don't, I believe Stainless Steel Brakes does.

14 inch wheels inside rubs on caliper housing ... If you want to take material off caliper you can probably make it work .. but i never found a 14 inch wheel ( BBP ) fit on a wild wood system ..

find out if Wilwood actually makes a small bolt pattern conversion. If they don't, I believe Stainless Steel Brakes does.

They do, and it's bolt-on. (Though someone on this forum found they had to do a touch of grinding). I'll check into stainless steel brakes though! Thanks for the leads!

I'm running 14" Cragers on a 4 piston Wilwood system. I know that aftermarket rims can be different on the backside, but 14" cragers fit with no rubbing.

-
Back