Wilwood Brakes Update

-

DART340

Reaction score
Well I finally drove my car with the Wilwwod front disc setup, awesome! I am very happy with them. I ordered a variable proportioning valve but have not installed it yet. I went from four wheel drum to front disc. I have tried numerous high speed panic stops and the car seems to stop fine. No out of control skids, so I am not sure if I will use the valve now or wait till I do the rear brakes too.

Hi, I got a 70' Dart also with four wheel drum brakes. I am very intrested in going four wheel disc if not atleast front wheel disc. My questions is if you would answer is: exactly what parts do I need for this swap, where can I get them and about how much should I expect to pay? Currently I have 10" front drums and 8 3/4 rearend. I dont know anything about what upper "A" arms and ball joints, or with what spindles, down to proportioning valves and master cylinders (with or without booster). Like I said I'm in the dark on this project!!! Is it mostly a bolt off and on exchange? I also just bought new 15" aluminum rims with a 5 on 4 bolt pattern and was hoping that they made a conversion that I would be able to keep my same rims. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Dave!!!!!!!!!!!
If you'd rather e-mail me with details I'm at [email protected]

DART340, could you tell me what master you used for your set up. I was told to go with a large bore Wilwood or a stock replacment with the same bore size. I think it was 1 1/16 aluminum mc.
Thanks

I went with a stock replacement disc brake master from a 73 dart

-
Back