Wilwood front disc brakes and weld pro stars

-

carls72dart

Reaction score
hey FABO, I'm in need of your help once again. Is anyone running wilwood front disc brakes and weld pro star wheels. When in stalling my kit, I used wilwood studs and weld lug nuts. After doing an initial install to move the car from one location to another, I had to remove the wheels. Upon removing the wheels, a few lug nuts stopped while removing. The threads on both the studs and lug nuts started to strip and froze. Just wondering what studs and lug nuts have worked for others? Any help is always greatly appreciated.

hey FABO, I'm in need of your help once again. Is anyone running wilwood front disc brakes and weld pro star wheels. When in stalling my kit, I used wilwood studs and weld lug nuts. After doing an initial install to move the car from one location to another, I had to remove the wheels. Upon removing the wheels, a few lug nuts stopped while removing. The threads on both the studs and lug nuts started to strip and froze. Just wondering what studs and lug nuts have worked for others? Any help is always greatly appreciated.

have the willwood brakes on my 68 fish. cheap open end lugnuts off ebay, had to retap the lugnuts, and use anti sieze on them , works well. "use torque wrench to not overtighten!"
:coffee2: oh yea, weld prostars too !

I just finished the conversion and run pro stars with no issues. I always use a torque wrench on the lugs they are weld lugs too.

I just ordered the ARP wheel studs. Going to run a thread chaser over the studs and lug nuts to make sure the patterns match. Thanks for the feedback everyone!:)

-
Back