Wilwood Low Profile Disc Brake Kit Help....

-

DGrace

Reaction score
Hello to all. Getting ready to order my rear disc brakes and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the Wilwood install instructions. I'm trying to determine how far outward the brakes will push the wheel. From what I can gather, it appears that the snap ring goes against the rear end housing and the brake backing plate goes against the snap ring and then the bearing retainer. It looks like the bearing retainer is stepped to accommodate the bearing but if the retainer is going against the backing plate, what's the use? Anyone use a similar kit that can clarify please? No pictures or videos I've seen are very helpful. Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas!

I did the low pros with e-brake. Page 5 of the instructions. Remove the snap ring and install the backing plate, reinstall the snap ring. The bearing goes in the axle tube and the retainer holds the backing plate against the snap ring.

I did the low pros with e-brake. Page 5 of the instructions. Remove the snap ring and install the backing plate, reinstall the snap ring. The bearing goes in the axle tube and the retainer holds the backing plate against the snap ring.
Thank you. I read that but really wanted some input from someone running them. I had emailed Wilwood but no reply. So basically, the only outward increase is from the rotor thickness - .18" correct. Thank you for your input. The kit is $650 w/o lines & I just wanted to be sure. BTW - how do you like them? I really wanted a non e-brake kit but the others wouldn't clear my wheels.

Yeah if your using stock axles ,with only green bearings,the difference between drum and rotor thickness is the only difference. They work great , but I have them all around with an adjustable prop valve and late model manual master. I had a big brake kit but it wouldn't fit inside my rear b.s. street lites

Yeah if your using stock axles ,with only green bearings,the difference between drum and rotor thickness is the only difference. They work great , but I have them all around with an adjustable prop valve and late model manual master. I had a big brake kit but it wouldn't fit inside my rear b.s. street lites
I'm installing a Moser fab 8.75 housing and axle package. I have the SS springs with Dr. Diffs offset hangers and poly bushings. Right now, with the snap ring against the housing end, I have about 3/16" between the tire and leaf spring (Weld S71 with Mickey 255 60 R15 ET Radials) and about 3/4" to the fender lip. I was thinking the 3/16" of the rotor thickness would be just about right?

-
Back