Wilwood rear disc brake conversion

-

Cravin'sCuda

Reaction score
Has anyone done this conversion? Wilwood kit#140-7144. I'm trying all the pieces and making sure the setup will work and ran into a problem that the wheel studs wont let the rotor sit flat against the axle.The shoulder is to center the drum,and I need it without the shoulder. I tried several places online to find something close,no-go. I tried calling Wilwood and they couldnt help and said to call ARP, I did and they would need to be special made. I dont want to have to drill the rotor out because if the kit doesnt work I can return it. Any sugestions would be appreciated.

picture002mg6.jpg

I went with the Wilwoods front and rear, and everything fit perfectly. But I was using aftermarket axles with screw in studs, and as you know, they don't have the sholder. I realize that you don't want to enlarge the drum but you don't have a choice. Their systems do work perfectly, but they assume you are using aftermarket axles. If I were you, I'd upgrade to new axles. Keep this in mind............. If you ever want to race this car, in the future, and use "gummies" for traction, safety demands long studs. And isn't it time to treat your car to new, uncyled axles?
IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

I did drill out the rotors and it all fit perfectly. I would upgrade the axles but I need to do the Diff also (741) sure-grip so I should do it all.
brakevb1.jpg

suregripek8.jpg

-
Back