Wind noise

-

snowcrane2005

Reaction score
I have a 1971 plymouth duster I restored and I'm getting wind noise in the car. I did cut holes for the hood scoops to be functional don't know if that has anything to do with it. I have all new glass and weatherstripping and sound deadner in the car. Wondering if anyone else has this problem and how they cured it.
Thanks

It's an old car... and Yer doing 120, lol! The windows are adjustable, so they can seal good. And vents have been known to hang open, although the new, plastic stuff has gave me more grief than our Ol Mopars. I'm sure other Members, with more knowledge, will pitch in. You're in a Great Place! Really talented, smart people here, with real world experience

Bend the doors.

Fix the windshield.

Change out all the rubber gaskets that touch glass.

It is that easy.

When I did glass i stall fist thing we did was take the car out and hit 100+ beacuse we know for dam sure the owner will as soon as he picks it up.

Then he failed.

that is how you fix it.
That's what I always thought... maybe we're missing something? I know a window that ain't rolled up tight, WILL annoy Ya, at least in a daily! Lol, I cain't hear it over the motor in all the Old School Daily Drivers I've had. And I've had more than most people my age! Lol. Maybe have someone ride along, feeling for wind, or listening closely?

Nope.

If it is an issue at speed he knows where it is.

This anit some ghost rattle... this is a high speed whistle.

So.

Use high pressure water out side the car. Where it sprays in, thats the issue.

Use high pressure air. Where the air blasts into the car, that is your problem.

-
Back