WINDLACE for Early A BARRACUDA 65 ???

-
Stockinteriors.com sells it by the yard in all the colors. for the 65 barracuda, you need 7 yards.

~100 bucks including shipping.

Deutchmann Automotive also carries all soft parts for early A bodies, and Jeff is an early A owner himself! 419-352-7894

If only the repro stuff actually fit properly...
The rubber seal is too thick necessitating the mounting lip be bent back if you want proper door alignment. The fabric also looks a bit different, not shiny like original.

If only the repro stuff actually fit properly

It does.

The rubber seal is too thick necessitating the mounting lip be bent back if you want proper door alignment

LOL, no. You don't have to adjust the door or bend the lip or otherwise brutalise anything. All you have to do is wait for the new seal to take a set. It takes a few weeks to a couple months. Until then, the doors will be hard to close. The old seal, if it's even still present, is flabby and compressed and offers no resistance at all, which is why it doesn't seal.

It does.

LOL, no. You don't have to adjust the door or bend the lip or otherwise brutalise anything. All you have to do is wait for the new seal to take a set. It takes a few weeks to a couple months. Until then, the doors will be hard to close. The old seal, if it's even still present, is flabby and compressed and offers no resistance at all, which is why it doesn't seal.

Depends of on your definition of "fit" I suppose. I require my door to fit flush with surrounding sheet metal. With the new stuff this was impossible, even applying 100 pounds of force on the door. The door can be closed though, if that means "fit" then OK. Lucky for me my old seals were great shape, just dirty, scrubbed them up & the doors then fit to Porsche standards.

On inspection the new stuff has thicker rubber cross section, it also does not have the holes for venting that allows for easier closing of the door. I've looked at least a dozen samples & they all seem to be made by the same mfg. If anyone wants some new light blue material let me know!

Depends of on your definition of "fit" I suppose

There's only one definition I can think of.

I require my door to fit flush with surrounding sheet metal

Me too, so we're using the same definition. When I installed the recommended new windlace in my '64 Dart, the doors were hard to close for awhile while the new seals took a set, but gradually it got easier. At no time did I have to adjust the doors or put up with improper fit. Same when I put the new windlace in my '62 Lancer. Same when I did my '65 Valiant. That's the pattern I've seen; guess your results have been different.

Ya I didn't have any issues with the wind-lace.....but the whiskers/window sweeps.....where crap that I got back in the day.

-
Back