Window Channel Seal -Guide- Somethingorother

-

RogerRamRod

The Older I Get, The Faster I Was
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What is the rubber in this guide on the side glass at the back of the door called?
Maybe a source?
Part # even better. 68 Dart 2 door hardtop

IMG_3177.jpeg

Isn't that just mohair channel liner to keep the glass from rattling? Are you sure it's a rubber seal?

It probably is, the glass does need to glide up/dn in the channel. It looks like 55 year old dried out, cracked, chunks missing rubber

It's probably mohair. You can buy it at a bunch of places. When I redid the window mechanisms in my '66, I used some soft felt-like material from the fabric store because I couldn't find mohair strips wide enough for what I needed. A local hotrod upholsterer gave me that idea. He's been doing that for decades.

IIRC it is felt coated rubber, I would not want streight felt or any other water absorbing material there

The problem is, the widest mohair I could find was 2-5/8", which wasn't wide enough. There are plenty of non-water absorbing materials available at your local fabric store. You just have to get a little creative. The old guys in the hobby have a ton of great ideas like this.

-
Back