Window glass guide rubber for sedans?

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Hey guys:
I was wondering if the flocked, rubber guides that the door glass slides up and down in are available anywhere new for a 4dr sedan? How do you remove and replace? I read through the FSM but it's not clear with all the models being jammed together. I'm thinking the pieces for a 2dr sedan would be the same since the door is essentially just stretched.

The pieces on my '68 Valiant that sat outside it's entire life are decayed...the ones on my '69 Dart that was garaged are nice. Go figure. I have some in a set of used doors that are "better" but I don't want to destroy them trying to get them out. Thank you.

Are you talking the cat whiskers that are attached to the door horizontally or the guide that the glass rides vertically in the vent window frame?

Look up Just Mopar. He carries 4 door trim parts.
I did what you described using the 2 door whiskers on a 4 door 67 Dart.
They do not fit with out major work.I got them to work but will never do it again.
They do make a tool to remove them that slides between the glass and whisker clips. When you pull up on the tool it releases the clips but it ain't easy.

A glass run channel kit is available for the all of the 63 to 76 A-Body sedan and wagon applications. They are unique to the year model range, 63 to 66 and 67 to 76 and two door sedan vs four door sedan / wagon. Depending upon the application, expect to pay from $100 to $120 for a kit. The kit will include the flocked rubber extrusion that runs up the back side of the glass and the top along with the division bar channel run.

The window felts for the four door sedan and wagon applications are available as well. The Top Catwhiskers are direct replacements for the original window felts.

All of the glass channel kits and window felts can be installed with the glass still in the car. Just requires a bit more effort and time.

Look in rock auto in the universal section/body You just need to know the profile of them. I saved a ton of money that way.

-
Back