Window Lifts..Screwed UP

-

sgrip65

66 Dart GT 273, 65 Dart GT 273 HiPo
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Members. While dismantling my 65 for its restoration, I, unfortunately, did not mark the window lift brackets regarding which is front and which is rear. As per the pictures, the window tabs/slots are on the inside of the roller guide on one pair, and the tabs/slots are on the outside on the other pair. Obviously, an error on my part in not noticing the difference at the time of removal. Could anyone help me with the identifications of the front versus the rear. I looked in the FSM, but I could not determine front vs. rear by their drawing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. sgrip65

Window Lift 001.JPG

Window Lifts II 001.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Members. While dismantling my 65 for its restoration, I, unfortunately, did not mark the window lift brackets regarding which is front and which is rear. As per the pictures, the window tabs/slots are on the inside of the roller guide on one pair, and the tabs/slots are on the outside on the other pair. Obviously, an error on my part in not noticing the difference at the time of removal. Could anyone help me with the identifications of the front versus the rear. I looked in the FSM, but I could not determine front vs. rear by their drawing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. sgrip65

View attachment 1715325551

View attachment 1715325574

Hello Member. Turns out that the rear seat side glass on a hardtop does not use the parts shown in the pics. Still have to figure out the front doors as to which is used there. Thanks for any input. sgrip65

top right and bottom right pics look like the ones on my door glass for my 69.

Bruce

top right and bottom right pics look like the ones on my door glass for my 69.

Bruce

Bruce. After looking more closely at the FSM diagrams, it turns out that the HT rear side glass does not use one of these as shown in the pic. The rear glass has a longer bar with the front guide rollers attached to it. The sedan, however, uses one of these lift brackets. My confusion continues, but I will get it done. Thanks. sgrip65

Yikes.

Glass sucks..

Bruce

Bruce. Indeed, I need to take better notes. Neither of the two styles of lifts fit on a two door HT. The two door hardtop takes a lifting bar as shown in the pic. On a two door sedan, it takes the lift with the tabs as in the pic I posted earlier. Will wonders never cease, as, if I would have taken better notes, and looked more closely at the FSM, the problem would have been solved.....learned again. Thanks for the comment. sgrip65

Rear Glass Lift bar 001.JPG

-
Back