Window mechanisms on Sedan Doors: Which first?

-

armyofchuckness

The Flying Valiant
Reaction score
Hey, guys, I'm about to put the window mechanisms and windows back in my 64 2 door post car. They were a huge pain to get out of the car, and the FSM shows instructions for removing both the vent window and the door window, but not both at the same time. Looks like either can be removed independent of the other. Seems to me like the door glass could theoretically go in first and I could just slip the vent around it, but I figured I'd ask the forum first instead of wishing I'd ask while I clean up broken glass. What has your experience been?

Thanks!

I just pulled glass out of a 62 Savoy. I had to remove the glass before the vent so I had room to get the vent to break free of it's hold. If I was re-assembling it, I think I would install the vent without bolts to leave it movable and then install the glass. That would allow the movement to get the glass in the track prior to bolting the vent into position.

I did mine door glass first, glass loose resting on bottom of door. Slide in the vent frame and then got the door glass in both slots, rear slot first. Last piece installed was the alignment stud on the lower vent frame.

-
Back