Window regulator problems

-

Dart Shawn

I wanna go fast!!!
Reaction score
Well heres the scoop, I recently picked up a set of doors for my 74 dart, the doors are off a 73 Dart sport I picked em up from Robert-(cracked back)- I bolted em on today and went to exchange the windows, come to find out the regulators are way different, I was changing out the regulator set up and realized that the doors from the 73 dart sport do not have the correct mounting holes in the doors for the regulator track rod-(if thats what you want to call it) that are on the 74 dart swinger doors, this doesn't seem to pose a huge threat as I can just drill out the holes in the new doors for the lower rod bracket yet the top door where the rod bolts in doesnt have a hole for my regulator set up nor does it have enough meat for me to drill a hole, How should I take car of this all together???

Any input would be very very much appreciated, I am trying to get the car ready for the primer to be sprayed tomorrow.

Shawn.

Looks like theres a beam on the inner structure of the door, I'm just going to cut the chunk of the door out, cut out the inner beam and weld the piece back in should be good as new!.

Shawn.

dartshawn thats as good as i can come up with. you should be ok with that.

I did just that, the windows role up and down fine now. I cut the chunk out and move it back about a half inch on both sides,I'll post pics later just in case some one else needs the same help.

Shawn.

P1010038.jpg

P1010037-1.jpg

Here are the cuts and alterations I made. I pulled apart these 1973 Duster doors which have the regulators with out the rod and altered them to utilize the 1974 Dodge dart swinger windows and window regulator set up. The chunk I cut out I cut the inner beam out of, then cut about another inch off the door to give me some space for adjustment, I then welded the piece back in, drilled the holes in the top of the door frame and in the bottom of the door, for the rod to bolt in then bolted it all together.

Shawn.

-
Back