Window removal

-

Hilderbrand1983

Reaction score
I'm working with a 4-door 1967 Dodge Dart 270 (no A/C). I'm trying to get the window glass out of the front doors. Per the FSM, I've already removed the nut and screw holding the front track in place. I've also removed the vent glass and the mechanism for rolling the window up and down.

At this point the FSM stops being helpful. As best as I can figure, the track needs to be removed to get the glass out. However, I can't figure out for the life of me how to remove the track.

Any pointers on either (a) how to remove the track or (b) how to remove the glass without removing the track? Thanks in advance!

You have to remove the wing window assy. If you pm me your # I can walk you through it. I just took some out myself.

You have to remove the wing window assy. If you pm me your # I can walk you through it. I just took some out myself.
Success! No need to call -- your comment helped me understand that I wasn't being ... "persuasive" enough ... to get the track up just enough to get at the philips-head screw that holds the vent window mechanism in place. Once I got that out, it slid right out.

Thanks for the advice!

Sedans are super easy to remove and adjust glass in. I just parted out 2 four door cars if you need anything.

Thanks for the offer! Believe it or not, I managed to get everything (glass, mechanisms) out fine. It should all be able to go back in.

The only thing I'm having trouble with is the rubber for the track. It seems to be a single piece that goes from inside the door and is locked inside the frame (to make a water-tight seal for the window when rolled up). Not entirely sure how to get that out without destroying it.

They call it a U channel seal and specialties unlimited sells it. There is a narrower u channel trim that goes into the wing window frame. The upper and rear is actually 1 piece with a V notch cut into it.

Thanks again! I tried to tackle the rubber door seals which (of course) came apart. The part that was snapped into the door came off just fine, but the glued part ... sweet, merciful Jesus ...

If you told me that NASA used the same glue to hold the Apollo command modules together, I'd believe you. Man, that stuff is THICK!

-
Back