Window rollers

-

mopardart44067

Reaction score
Ok anyone else having a mutherfu$%ing time with replacement window rollers?Well on my 73 duster they are a nightmare.even though they are factory replacements.they need to be at least tac welded in and a few need bushings made .and be cut shorter just so they will at least sit where originals did.

20170727_120044.jpg

20170727_115352.jpg

Ok no help here.where should I post at then ?

Ha ha, sorry to laugh but those things can be a pain in the ***. (been there, done that front and back on both sides)
On some of the rollers I use a 1/4 furniture assembly bolt with the flat head on them along with some nylon spacers from Ace Hardware and a couple of nylock nuts.
I grind the roller pin swedged end off and knock the original pin out and replace it with the bolt, nylon, and nuts assembly. (this allows height adjustment via the bolt and nuts)

That one in your picture (you are going to love the simplicity of this)
One of the sizes of nylon spacer Ace has is 1 inch OD with a 1/2 hole in the center x 1/2 wide. (The ball from the old roller is a little bigger than 1/2 and the 1 inch OD fits the tracks perfectly)
I use my moto tool with the ball cutter and groove the ID of the spacer about 1/16 (not critical) deep and 1/4 wide all the way around.
Then I cut the width of the nylon spacer to exactly fit the track it goes in with my 4" grinder and when ready that newly manufactured roller snaps right over the ball of the old roller.
Large vise grips work to pop it onto the ball if you are doing it in the door, and a small vise also works well if outside the door.
Never had one come apart and they work perfect.

With the ones you are using you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Last edited:
-
Back