Window sweeps.

-

circlepilot

Reaction score
I've searched and didn't find, so I'll ask. Is there an instructional video on removing and replacing A body "window sweeps."
Thanks, Norm

They snap into place
Thanks for the reply, I guess I should of been more specific. I was wondering if there was a preferred tool or a preferred technique to replace the sweeps. I recently watched a video that showed the use of a bottle opener (church key) to remove the chrome trim on the roof rails. Tried it and it worked well. Just thought there was something posted about the sweeps. Thanks
Norm

I have used that trick for years lol. If you look at your sweeps you will see the clips that just snap into the slot. I would take the 3 bolts out that holds the regulator to the door and push it inside the door so the window drops down below the sweeps to give you a little extra room for the install.

I have used that trick for years lol. If you look at your sweeps you will see the clips that just snap into the slot. I would take the 3 bolts out that holds the regulator to the door and push it inside the door so the window drops down below the sweeps to give you a little extra room for the install.

Exactly, and it makes it a lot easier.
One thing to remember about tempered glass is that if you even so much as nick the edge of the glass it can shatter the whole window instantly.
So much easier and safer to drop the regulator loose first.

-
Back