Window trim Clips

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
When I finally removed the front and rear windows from my Scamp a lot of the trim clips where rotted away. I bought new ones but just want to make sure that I get them all in the correct spots.

The rear window looks to have all the same style. The front seemed to have a different style on the bottom than around the edge and top. Can you guys help me out and let me know thanks

Ramie

I just did my front windshield last year. If I remember correctly, all of the clips on the top are taller, but there are 4 that are shorter. 2 along the cowel and 2 on the lower portion of the A pillar. You'll see that 4 of the holes are drilled higher and closer to the trim. That's where the short ones are used. 22 clips total, I believe.

I think you will notice that the clips fit flush with the frame, not sunk or protruding over so the molding also fits flush.
Don't over think it the corners are more critical then the runs they just keep it down.
I think the a-pillar and roof line are the same and the clips just about go against the bottom so they are flush at the top. the bottom is wider and likely take the thicker clips. however on my B-cuda the clips are the same size all around. So I just used the top line of the frame to set them.

-
Back