Window trim

-

rusty

Reaction score
Trying to remove the trim around the windshield and rear glass w/o screwing it up! How do you do this? Thanks in advance,Todd

I can tell you how it works on a 65 Barracuda it may be the same for you. There is the window gasket and then the window fits into the gasket then it is secured with a rubber strip that goes around the whole window.

If you look at the gasket you will see a "chrome" trim piece that fits in the window gasket. That comes out with a "special" needle like tool to pull the trim. Once you have it started carefully pull it by hand.

Hope this helps.

If you don't have a windshield trim removal tool, get one....... then slide it between the rubber and trim and feel around under the trim until you find a clip. Start at a corner, sometimes this works best...... if you get discouraged move on to a different area or clip..... some times this job can be difficult. My best luck is to hold the tool flat and work awaytaking your time. I've found that these tools need some grinding on the pointed end to make the tip more sharp to grab at the clips. NOTE: If someone over the years has had the window out of car IT IS POSSIBLE THAT A GLASS SHOP OR ANYBODY COULD HAVE GLUED THE TRIM ON USING EITHER SILICONE OR WINDOW ADHESIVE, IF THEY DID YOU HAVE YOUR WORK CUT OUT FOR YOU!!!
I have broke a few windows before cause of this!! Good Luck, and take your time!!

I guess i will go hunting at auto parts tommorrow!!,Thanks

-
Back