windsheild cracked 67 dart

-

64dart170

Reaction score
Hello all,
New to site and was wondering what everyone is doing for windshield replacement on 67 darts? The lock srtip is not the same as on my 64 or my son's 69. It has a cross section shaped like an "F" and was chrome at one time. I have heard they have finally made the locksrip and are in testing. (I have already purchased the 4 corner pieces)
My question is; is everyone usually using the 68/69 version gasket with the black lock strip for the 67? If anyone has any info on this bas...d year 67 please advise.

Welcome!!! I dont have any info for you though. There will be plenty of people on here that do though. Just periodically check your post. And if no replies, post something on it yourself to bump it back to the top.

We are both in the same boat. :laughing: I have tried everywere to get the weatherstriping and no luck. I did find a guy in my town that says that he will be able to get the windshield,weatherstriping and the lockstrips and the cost is of arround $650.oo installed. Not what I was looking to spend on a windshield. I guess when the time comes if no one has it I will have to do it. So in the meantime I am waiting it out to see if a company comes out with it. For some reason when I buy something It seems that a company out there decides to come out with it. All I can say is good luck.

Thanks, I have an appointment at the local glass shop in the morning for determination on repair, HA, HA! The cracks are long enough that it will need replacement. It was starting to turn white at the bottom. Was wanting to replace it anyway but was waiting on parts availability. Don't have a choice now. I replaced the windsheild in our 64 dart and all parts were available for it. Sounds like I will be going with the 68/69 version with black lock strip designed for chrome trim strip on top (with clips) I really don't feel like a bunch of holes for clips install! Does anyone know if I can istall just gasket and lock strip without using the clips and chrome metal trim from 69?

Thanks, I have an appointment at the local glass shop in the morning for determination on repair, HA, HA! The cracks are long enough that it will need replacement. It was starting to turn white at the bottom. Was wanting to replace it anyway but was waiting on parts availability. Don't have a choice now. I replaced the windsheild in our 64 dart and all parts were available for it. Sounds like I will be going with the 68/69 version with black lock strip designed for chrome trim strip on top (with clips) I really don't feel like a bunch of holes for clips install! Does anyone know if I can istall just gasket and lock strip without using the clips and chrome metal trim from 69?

You can use it withut the stainless trim, but the 68-69 gasket isn't as "finished" as your 67 and won't look that great.

I'm guessing it has a larger gap (between gasket and edge of body) for trim to clip clearance? Is the edge ruff and could be trimmed with razor? Nobody has the lock strip for 67 yet and mine will completely break apart when taken out of the gasket. Any suggestions????

If you can salvage original gasket, some say it will soften with wd-40. They do reproduce a lockstrip, but not exactly like original. I have a set that the supplier says will fit your car. 67-72,Barracuda,Dart,Valiant,cuda,Duster. I`ve lucked out and found later metal trim and will not be needing this lockstrip. Discounted $40. sell@ $90.00+ ship.

moulding.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me if your available locksrip has a "D" shaped cross section, or is it shaped more like a "F"? Please advise. The "D" shaped lockstrip is for earlier model like my 64 dart and I already have a spare roll of that "D" shaped lock strip.

I'm guessing it has a larger gap (between gasket and edge of body) for trim to clip clearance? Is the edge ruff and could be trimmed with razor? Nobody has the lock strip for 67 yet and mine will completely break apart when taken out of the gasket. Any suggestions????

Your right there is a bigger gap from the rubber to the indent of the widshield recess of the car. I have had good luck salvaging the original gasket if you do the car in the sun and let it get as warm as possible before you try and remove the glass. since your class is broken, why not cut it in half and remove it that way? also WD-40 softens it up too.

Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me if your available locksrip has a "D" shaped cross section, or is it shaped more like a "F"? Please advise. The "D" shaped lockstrip is for earlier model like my 64 dart and I already have a spare roll of that "D" shaped lock strip.
They produce lockstrip for 2`nd gen. also. probably same manufacture. I`ve seen this installed on a car @ Carlisle a few years ago, it looked good and is the only materal I`ve seen reproduced @ present. I`ve seen NOS, very expensive, your call.

trim 003.jpg

trim 010.jpg

Your right there is a bigger gap from the rubber to the indent of the widshield recess of the car. I have had good luck salvaging the original gasket if you do the car in the sun and let it get as warm as possible before you try and remove the glass. since your class is broken, why not cut it in half and remove it that way? also WD-40 softens it up too.
It's beginning to look like new glass; $325.00, shipping for glass; $125.00, NOS lockstrip; $225.00 (different source).
I am hoping I will have info soon on new reproduction gasket that my car will be testing for the manufacturer (can't mention names)
Anyway right now plans are to save gasket like you are talking about and compair to the new "test" gasket. I will go ahead and do test fit if it looks close. If it's dead on, I will install test gasket and if all goes well the manufacturer will be offering in the near future! More to come! All this from a damn flying rock! Film at 11. Thanks Again!!!!!!

They produce lockstrip for 2`nd gen. also. probably same manufacture. I`ve seen this installed on a car @ Carlisle a few years ago, it looked good and is the only materal I`ve seen reproduced @ present. I`ve seen NOS, very expensive, your call.
WOW! A picture is worth a thousand words. This 2nd gen lockstrip pictured is the one you have for sale at present? It's alot better than $225.00 for NOS.
This site and its members are great! I am really interested in this lock strip and very curious as to how it will fit with the "test" gasket I referred to in this string above posting. Does this gasket have a part number on the orig pkg of WCRD691? Just wondering.
Anyway for those of you who are interested the original part numbers for 67 Dart 4 door or 2 door sedans only are as follows:
Gasket: 2663138 (Mopar)
Lock Strip ("Retainer"): 2605702 (Mopar), As of 1:pM EST today neither of these are found on Mopars US system.
I have gotten a recent nugget about these are being produced in Austrailia! It's amazing to me how much you have to learn due to a flying rock!!!! Thanks Again!

WOW! A picture is worth a thousand words. This 2nd gen lockstrip pictured is the one you have for sale at present? It's alot better than $225.00 for NOS.
This site and its members are great! I am really interested in this lock strip and very curious as to how it will fit with the "test" gasket I referred to in this string above posting. Does this gasket have a part number on the orig pkg of WCRD691? Just wondering.
Anyway for those of you who are interested the original part numbers for 67 Dart 4 door or 2 door sedans only are as follows:
Gasket: 2663138 (Mopar)
Lock Strip ("Retainer"): 2605702 (Mopar), As of 1:pM EST today neither of these are found on Mopars US system.
I have gotten a recent nugget about these are being produced in Austrailia! It's amazing to me how much you have to learn due to a flying rock!!!! Thanks Again!
Yes, refer to post #8

It's beginning to look like new glass; $325.00, shipping for glass; $125.00, NOS lockstrip; $225.00 (different source).
I am hoping I will have info soon on new reproduction gasket that my car will be testing for the manufacturer (can't mention names)
Anyway right now plans are to save gasket like you are talking about and compair to the new "test" gasket. I will go ahead and do test fit if it looks close. If it's dead on, I will install test gasket and if all goes well the manufacturer will be offering in the near future! More to come! All this from a damn flying rock! Film at 11. Thanks Again!!!!!!
Prototype gasket from manufacturer fell through. Pass the WD 40. I wish I could find a new gasket! The previous owners have so much paint on mine I don't think I will ever get it off. I hope it doesn't fall apart when we remove the old windshield.
Why doesn't anyone make parts for 4 doors!!!!!!!!!](*,)

-
Back