Windsheild trim

-

nick69

Its Me!!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is there suppose to be some trim on the windsheild rubber of a 67 Dart??

Thanks
Nick

Nick, not 100% sure, I think some didn't have them depending on the model. You could check your fender code numbers, then decode them to see it it comes up "window trim".

The 67 uses a different windshield gasket and trim than the 68 or 69. The trim is part of the gasket "expander" that locks the gasket in place. On the later models, the gasket is seperate from the trim and there are clips to snap the trim into -- on the 67 the trim goes into the middle of the gasket.

Brian

Ah right. Ill get the tag numbers today and see.

The Gasket Expander, is that a thin chrome strip that sits in the rubber or a wider metal trim that covers the rubber?? At the moment there is a thin chrome strip sitting in the rubber.

I knew I would have loads of questions once the car arrived!!! LOL

If you're talking about the chrome lockstrip inside the rubber window gasket there is an older thread with lots of info. I'm trying to replace this stuff on my '65 'cuda. So far the new lockstrip has arrived & now I'm trying to figure out how (or who) to install it. Please post any info you come across. No one has responded yet to my post about how to install it. Here's the link to the old thread:

http://www.enbcom.com/board/messages/394/440.html

Oh, the lockstrip I bought from Bronco Bone Yard is just about 3 inches too short for the back window of my '65. C L Laurence has it in longer rolls. Be sure to measure well & ask whoever you get it from what the actual length is.

Hi guys
There is a guy that sells lock strips for 64-66 and 67 abodies. He sells them on ebay about once a month. He is in Washington State . His prices are decent. He has the instructions and some plastic tools to install them also, He also has the corner pieces.
I got this info from his adds on ebay. I'm going to invest in some my self for my 67 Notchback.
The guy usually sells in the "Exterior" and "Window" section of Clasic Car and Truck Parts on ebay.

I think a lot of the problem with the 67 and earlier window gaskets, is they are old and brittle. I would like to find a way to soften them up, but not disolve them, to make them easier to work with. Any one have any ideas on that,???.

I have a set of original gaskets that I took from a 67, I scapped out years ago, but they are stiff and I havn't tried to use them in yet.

Last time I seen the guys site he also had a couple gaskets@ about $190.00 each , They were advertised as new.

Hope this helps

Dave C.

Thanks for the replies guys. At least i now know what should be in the windshield rubber.

-
Back