Windsheld trim question

-

jim

Reaction score
Sorry if this topic might already been discussed. I have a 67 Barracuda I converted to stainless trim. Where the top two pieces join the pieces just do touch and wont slide together. Is there a difference in length between Darts and Cudas? Had the trim a while and I think it was of a Dart not sure??

Jim

Sorry if this topic might already been discussed. I have a 67 Barracuda I converted to stainless trim. Where the top two pieces join the pieces just do touch and wont slide together. Is there a difference in length between Darts and Cudas? Had the trim a while and I think it was of a Dart not sure??

Jim

I originally thought that A body windshield trim interchanged, but when I went looking for trim for my '67 I found out otherwise. I went to a buddy's place and he had several Dart parts cars. When we compared measurements we found that they were different.

There is no difference in length of the upper windshield trim for a 68-69 Barracuda 2 door notchback or fastback to a 68 up Dart if it is was from a 2 door Dart hardtop if your trim is short it is incorrect because it was from either a 2-door post Dart or a 4-door Dart their upper trim is shorter and will barely if at all meet in the middle. The side pieces are also longer from a 2 door post to a 4 door but many sellers usually cut them to fit a 2 door hardtop. I have correct upper windshield trim here from a 2 door hardtop which will fit and slide together. PM me if interested

Jim

Thanks for the info
Jim

This is somewhat of a grey area on 67 model bodies. I've moved this trim directly from a 68 fish to a 67 fish and found the overlap changed at top center. The 2 pieces do overlap but a mark in the stainless is seen where they were closer on the 68 body.
You may have noticed the 67 body work/joins ( a pillar for front and sail panel for rear ) aren't straight and true to the stainless as they could have been. These body lines didn't need to be perfect where only a rubber seal was adjacent. Good luck with it.

That is correct no 2 cars of the same body code i have seen are exactly the same measurements in any pieced together or sectioned area of the car some have been really off but the trim as i mentioned is definitely different and thus carries a different Chrysler part number

-
Back