windshield gasket lock strip diameter?

-

player1up

Reaction score
anyone know the diameter of the round lock strip for the windshield gasket for a 73 duster..

I submitted a support email to yearone and the guy said nope the am97 does not come with one.

ordered the gasket today but need the lock strip as it was damaged durring removal:angry4: oops

Hmmm, you have me wondering if I'm going to be faced with this in a couple of months when my windshield is put back in ('75 Scamp).

What is the round lock strip you're referring to? I've already bought a new windshield gasket but how do I know if I'll need a new round lock strip?

Thanks....

well if you made the same mistake I did....

I cut the old gasket out not noticing the small round insert that runs in the middle of the gasket. mine was on its way to the dump before i realized that I was going to need it, dooh!!

I was trying to find a cheap gasket when i read "does not come with locking strip" ??? so after some research I found a place that had them but can't for the life of me remember what the site was..

but I don;t think I remember being offered in a 1/4" something like 3/8 and 5/16..
I'll keep looking .....

Let me know.... I think I'm in the same boat as you....

I did manage to find a piece of the lock strip. and it is the 1/4 kind

I went to the site but it seems I'll have to call them..
thier site is a little rough

-
Back