Windshield Glass

-

George R

Mopar Nutcase
Reaction score
I need to replace the front windshield on my 69 Dart project. The glass I have is delaminating, but it is also sandblasted from highway use.
I emailed a local glass shop, and they said they couldn't help me because the car is too old.

Where do I go for a replacement windshield?
Who can install it?

Thanks for the help guys,

George

I find it hard to believe your local glass shop gave you that response. The glass should be available, try other glass shops or a national chain like Safelite or Triumph. I had new glass installed in a '67 Pontiac last year...
C

Sounds to me like the glass shop you asked just didn't want to be bothered. They most likely don't stock that windshield and ordering it in would probably inconvenience them. I got the same treatment from a couple of local shops but I went into one where the girl thought it was fun or interesting to find one for such an old car. She said she didn't think she had ever seen a 1964 Valiant before. She had the windshield the next day. Your windshield should be available from most glass shops.

I need to replace the front windshield on my 69 Dart project. The glass I have is delaminating, but it is also sandblasted from highway use.
I emailed a local glass shop, and they said they couldn't help me because the car is too old.

Where do I go for a replacement windshield?
Who can install it?

Thanks for the help guys,

George
George, my brother Todd has a good friend who is in the automotive glass business and located in the New Milford/Brookfield area. Rick is the only one I would allow to pull my windshield or rear glass. If you havent found anyone yet, send me a PM and I'll call my brother to get Ricks #

Tom, Can you Pm me his number also. I'm going to need a windshield for my car and I need the rear window put back in. Of coarse this is after I pick up those rims and have the car painted, LOL

I just had my windshield replaced in my 69 Dart just a few months ago. Our local company is Safelite.

One thing to keep in mind though, if your windshield trim clips are worn out, bent, broken, or don't hold the trim the way you like it to you need to get them taken care of when the windshield is out. I didn't, now I have to have someone take the windshield out again so I can replace the trim clips.

Tom, Can you Pm me his number also. I'm going to need a windshield for my car and I need the rear window put back in. Of coarse this is after I pick up those rims and have the car painted, LOL
I'll be hanging with my brother tomorrow night at some carshow up in New Milford. I'll be sure to have him get Ricks #. I need Rick to remove my rear glass also so I can get my headliner re-installed correct.

I just had a new PPG windshield installed here on Long Island. A local glass guy came to the house and did the job for $200, parts & labor.

The glass was really nice, very thick, as it should be. Not the thin stuff you find on the newer cars.

You really should not have a problem finding a new windshield. I'll give you his number if you want.

Tom,
I would appreciate the help. Would they be willing to travel to the Trumbull/Monroe area?
I have restored the trim clips, but they still need paint (green) and to be installed. I also need to finish removing the black goop from the windshield gasket. That stuff is murder!
I will also need the rear window installed at the same time. I can install the trim after, but I am having trouble with the glass install. Mostly because I only have two hands.

Thanks for all the tips guys.

George

-
Back