Windshield installer recommendations

-

Kenflo

Reaction score
Time to install the front and back glass on the Scamp. Can anyone refer me to a glass shop in the Edmonton area? I have phoned a few shops around here and they seem to have no clue when it comes to these cars.

I've been dealing with auto glass for around eight years now. Worked for Safelite for a year and decided all that running around, long hours, and other reasons I decided to get out of it. Before that I worked at a auto glass place that is more a mom pop operation. We did regular auto glass, RVs, and classic car auto glass. The owner of the business has been operation for a long time and is knowledgeable on classic car glass installation.

The classic car stuff is more complicated. Most have trim, gaskets, clips, etc... where as the late model cars just require urethane around the perimeter. Then just stick it in.
The shops you're talking about might not have a clue how to do it or they don't want to fool with it.. or both. I noticed while working for Safelite that the older stuff was brought into the shop rather than one individual doing it out on the road. I believe there is a cut off date as well. If a car was a certain year or older Safelite wouldn't even fool with it.
You're doing the right thing by talking to others who has old cars. Someone will head you in the right direction. Need to find a old mom and pop operation with a older fellow who knows what he is doing...lol
I don't know the situation but you more than likely will have to bring it to a shop. That way the individual will have all the tools to do the job correctly. Good luck.

-
Back