Windshield Lock-Strip '73 Duster?

-

Dugster

'73 Resto-Mod
Reaction score
I've reinstalled the rear windshield with a new gasket but, for the life of me, I cannot find the locking strip material anywhere. Before I start on the front windshield I need to find this stuff. It's just round black rubber crap, it shouldn't be this difficult to find. Anyone have an idea where I can get it?

Doug

Is the lock strip required for both the front and rear window gaskets? I've got a '75 Scamp and I'm pretty sure the new windshield gasket and rear window gasket I bought don't have lock strips.

Thanx, player1up! That worked for me.

H22A4, I believe '73 was the last year for locking strips.

Use water as a lubricant when you install the lockstrip. I had Safelight autoglass install mine. He also had a special tool to install the lockstrip. But i dont see any reason you couldnt do it with screwdrivers, except it may take longer.

i work for safelite myself. the best place to get the proper tool is at www.equalizer.com i believe they also sell the locking strip. you can do it with screw drivers but you'll cut the hell out of your gasket making it look "choppy". you could also find a local glass company to install it for you for like $10.00 to $20.00

Well.. Steele was kind enough to send a sample of the 1/4" round lockstrip (pn: 70-2195-52) and it seems to be correct. Is this the same as you used Player1?

-
Back