windshield recommendations

-

rsaun191

Reaction score
Has anyone had good luck with the quality of an AMD windshield.I am going to be painting my 68 barracuda and it is the perfict time to change old sand blasted original.I am not concerned with logo's just want a quality piece at a decent price.

I pinch my pennies pretty tight whenever I can. I just purchased a new windshield for my Duster for $119. I haven't installed it yet but it's referred to as O.E.M. glass. They're selling windshields for your Barracuda for $139.

This is taken from their ad on eBay:

Brand new OEM windshield manufactured by PGW (Pittsburgh Glass Works), not cheap aftermarket glass. Fits all 1967-1975 Dodge Dart & Dodge Dart Swinger 2 door Hardtops, 1967-1969 Dart 2 door Convertibles, 1967-1969 Barracuda 2 door Hardtops, 2 door Coupes, & 2 door Convertibles. 1970-1975 Valiant 2 door Hardtops. See chart below for all vehicles. Feel free to ask any questions. We have auto glass to fit many different makes and models, please inquire for any of your glass needs. Picture is for illustration purposes only, you will receive a brand new windshield from the warehouse. Windshield will have original factory light green tint with a blue shade band.

What is OEM Glass?
An OEM windshield will be identical to the original, factory installed windshield that came with your car when it was brand new. These windshields may not necessarily be manufactured by the company who made the windshield originally installed on your car, but they are nearly identical in every way. This glass is manufactured according to your car maker’s very specific regulations, and will match your original in size, shape, and color. The thickness and durability will be identical as well. It’s important to note that these windshields are also certified by the Department of Transportation, so you can be assured of their safety. All OEM distributors contract with one or more of the various car manufacturer's, and that's what qualifies them as an Original Equipment Manufacturer.

What is Aftermarket Glass?
Aftermarket glass is manufactured by auto glass companies who don’t contract with specific auto makers. Since these companies are not manufacturing OEM windshields under contract for the auto manufacturer, they don’t have to abide by specific manufacturer guidelines. In fact, due to copyright laws, auto glass companies are actually prohibited from producing windshields that are identical to the factory-installed versions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Windshi...ries&fits=Model:Barracuda&hash=item20ebfaf7f1

I pinch my pennies pretty tight whenever I can. I just purchased a new windshield for my Duster for $119. I haven't installed it yet but it's referred to as O.E.M. glass. They're selling windshields for your Barracuda for $139.

This is taken from their ad on eBay:

Brand new OEM windshield manufactured by PGW (Pittsburgh Glass Works), not cheap aftermarket glass. Fits all 1967-1975 Dodge Dart & Dodge Dart Swinger 2 door Hardtops, 1967-1969 Dart 2 door Convertibles, 1967-1969 Barracuda 2 door Hardtops, 2 door Coupes, & 2 door Convertibles. 1970-1975 Valiant 2 door Hardtops. See chart below for all vehicles. Feel free to ask any questions. We have auto glass to fit many different makes and models, please inquire for any of your glass needs. Picture is for illustration purposes only, you will receive a brand new windshield from the warehouse. Windshield will have original factory light green tint with a blue shade band.

What is OEM Glass?
An OEM windshield will be identical to the original, factory installed windshield that came with your car when it was brand new. These windshields may not necessarily be manufactured by the company who made the windshield originally installed on your car, but they are nearly identical in every way. This glass is manufactured according to your car maker’s very specific regulations, and will match your original in size, shape, and color. The thickness and durability will be identical as well. It’s important to note that these windshields are also certified by the Department of Transportation, so you can be assured of their safety. All OEM distributors contract with one or more of the various car manufacturer's, and that's what qualifies them as an Original Equipment Manufacturer.

What is Aftermarket Glass?
Aftermarket glass is manufactured by auto glass companies who don’t contract with specific auto makers. Since these companies are not manufacturing OEM windshields under contract for the auto manufacturer, they don’t have to abide by specific manufacturer guidelines. In fact, due to copyright laws, auto glass companies are actually prohibited from producing windshields that are identical to the factory-installed versions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Windshi...ries&fits=Model:Barracuda&hash=item20ebfaf7f1

Very True !! Your local glass shop should be able to source you an OEM style windshield.

I bought one of there's for my Dart. I broke my original taking it out. Instead of replacing the weathered OEM seal the po just butyled the hell out of it. The new windshield is thinner and made in Mexico but the quality looks good. I am concerned about the new seal sealing with the thinner glass. I'm going to have it installed by a local pro. After all my work I don't want leaks. Good price though $123.00

I used a PGW from ebay on my Duster. Dont know if it was same vendor. There were at least 4 Diff vendors on there when i got mine. You buy it from them and pick up at closest PGW location. Mine was about a half hour drive. If it was thinner, I didn't notice. Fit great, no issues.

I wouldn't pay 2x the amount for only a pentastar glass etch unless it was a 100 point restore.. Heck you could call someone locally get the glass and have them install it for 1/2 the price for the amd.

-
Back