Windshield Ribbon Gasket

-

1969_Valiant

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I need a windshield to pass inspection. I wanted to replace the gasket as well. I see 2 sizes online--3/8 and 5/16. Anyone happen to know which is the correct size for my car? Thanks for the good info as usual.:thumbsup:

So apparently it doesn't use a ribbon gasket? The only gasket/seals I see for a 69 dart(guessing it works for Valiant) are for 2 door hard tops or convertibles. Someone mentioned a rope style gasket in another post. I have 1 month to get this windshield in. Anyone know what I need to make this happen? Can I use the original existing? Appreciate the help........

Thanks a lot man. I'm guessing the original gasket is old and brittle. Will order this right now.

$110???:wtf: Getting glass and installation for $200 flat. Wow!!!! Either way, I appreciate the help.

$110???:wtf: Getting glass and installation for $200 flat. Wow!!!! Either way, I appreciate the help.
They are providing new glass and gasket installed for $200? If true and they do a good job, that's a steal. I'm sure others would be interested.Or that's with you buying the gasket? Either way a lot of guys are way over 200 just getting the glass, no install. Shipping can be a killer...

It's $200 installed, not including the gasket. They have one windshield in stock. Jack's auto glass and salvage 61st and Passyunk Ave in South Philly. Please don't go there until November. I really need this windshield hahahahaha:p

Last edited:
-
Back