windshield scratches

-
I've tried a couple, never found one that works well enough to recommend.

Anyone tried the Eastwood windshield polishing kit. Was thinking of trying that at some point.

The Eastwood kit does work to remove very light scratches as well as deposits that won't come off by other means. It uses a natural compound with a hockey puck style felt pad. The pad is very firm. As you can imagine the system has to be abrasive enough to remove defects but not so abrasive to leave scratches behind.

Wish I took pics, on the 4 th of July I thought I would get rid of water spots on the windshield, I have some clr a chemical I got from the glass shop, in a hurry I applied
It to the entire windshiel and before my eyes the windshield started turning a milky white
That you couldn't see through O MY. It took me about a day using meguiers medium grit.
Got it to where it is ok,got rid of the wiper trails too but there is some distortion. I see a new windshield it the future
Moe

Pearl Drops toothpaste and a buffer.

Does anyone know who has the best scratch remover for light scratches, thanks Jim

I work at a auto glass center and we have various ways of removing scratches. It really depends on how deep the scratch. The windshield is laminated so it will not take a lot of heat and one time. I will crack or distort if not careful while being buffed with a electric buffer. Buff, let cool, buff, let it cool, etc... Temperd glass will take the heat. Heat is what really removes scratches in which the compound makes the heat. If the scratches aren't to deep a good compound , damp towel, and some hard fast moving hand buffing will get them out. If the scratches are all over the glass for instance wiper scratches you will be better off to purchase a new windshield. The time you spend getting them out will just about justify a new windshield. You could take your car to a auto glass center and have them look at it and see what they say.

Older the windshield the more likely it will crack while buffing. Glass over time becomes brittle. Good luck

Ceramabrite smooth top stove polishing compound and a lot of elbow grease will get scratches out of glass! It also leaves a sealer behind that helps keep bugs from sticking! You can buff out deep scratches but you WILL have distortion then. I know by experience that it works.

-
Back