Windshield washer bottle questions

-

TheBigE

70 Duster - Slant 6
Reaction score
Hello. My 70 Duster does not have a washer bottle at all. My questions on getting some water/washer fluid to my windshield:

1) There are 2 rubber hoses coming from my manual foot pump to the washer bottle area. DO they both get hooked to the washer bottle? Or just the big one?

2) SHould the washer bottle have 2 spots to hook up hoses for the manual pump?

3) If I go with a more recent washer bottle with an electric pump on the bottom, will it work with my current wiper switch?? I've noticed that the switch can be pushed in, does this pump water up with the motor if I hook it up right?

Thanks for any info.
The Big E

One goes to the bottle the other goes to the squirters on the cowl.

Ahh..that's how it works. SO the washer bottle itself then just has one outlet for the water to go through the bigger hose.

I didn't understand the concept. I guess the water then must actually go to the foot pump then from the footpump to the nozzles. I didn't realize this, thought it all magically happened in the engine compartment.

So would any water bottle then work as long as the single outlet at the bottom fit the big hose size?

Thanks.

Big E

Thats correct. Yes and thing that holds fluid will work as long as you hooks up to the hose.

-
Back