Wing window removal/installation

-

burdar

Owen's Dad
Reaction score
I looked at the 69 service manual but it didn't say anything about removing just the wing window glass/chrome pivot piece.

Can the wing window glass and chrome pivot piece be removed and installed with the rest of the frame installed in the door? Or does it have to be installed into the door as an assembly? Is there a hole in the inner door structure that allows access to the screw/clip that holds the wing window pivot to the frame?

Reason I ask is that I sent my pivot pieces out to be rechromed. They won't be back for at least 10 weeks. Can I install the frame and side glass into the doors and install the wing window later...or do I need to wait? Thanks

There is a YouTube video at " barracuda restoration" where the owner ( a member here) shows disassembly and reassembly of the vent window out of the car. Should give you enough info to decide if you can do it on the car or not

Both frames are out. I have them disassembled already on the bench. What I need to know is if there is access to the screw and clip with the frame in the door. I thought someone with their door panel off could look to see if there was a hole in the inner door structure to access that screw and clip. Really don't want to wrestle the frame into a newly painted door more times then I have to. Hopefully someone has done this...or tried to do this already.

Now that I think about it, the pivot isn't that long and doesn't extend down low enough to gain access with the door panel off. The screw/clip is up a lot higher. Probably inline with the allen screw hole in the upper door skin. I'm probably screwed until I get the parts back.

-
Back