Wing Window Repair

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
2 questions. 1: will the wing window swivel from a 68 dart fit in a 67? 2: how do they come out? I'm not sure what the part is called exactly but it holds the bottom of the wing. Thanks for any help.

I think that the vent windows from 67 on will interchange.

To get the vent window out you have to take the door panel off, the panel trim, and the cap ( door lock and all) Now you can access the locking tab screw under the cap. there is a screw on the vent window pivot. Both of these screws out the window comes out.

Thanks Steven190. Any idea if there might be a diagram somewhere. I have the panel and the chrome top trim off and the long screw that's body colored but I'm leery of taking off anything else. Hate to not be able to put it back together.

The service manual does not really show the vent window. If I remember right the vent comes out after you take the top pivot off. It comes out straight up, the tab on the spike may catch on the rubber, just take your time.

vent 1.jpg

vent.jpg

So ive tried pulling this up but no luck and I don't want to break anything. Wondering if there is something holding it in. My pivot area is different from the 68 its squared. The 68 was already off the door so removal was easy. Any ideas where I can find the felt on the bottom might be easier to just replace that.

DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

Most venders have the gasket and window cat whiskers. I don't know what could be holding it up from coming out. Did you remove the screw and clip?

I tried to download the pdf but my comp wont have anything to do with it. I don't see anything obvious other than the long screw I already took out in the bottom of the pic. Ill keep trying.

-
Back