Winter blues heres' my project 70 Swinger

-

340 swing

340swing
Reaction score
Bought the car in January of 08. This is what I've done so far.......

dart1.jpg

dart2.jpg

dart3.jpg

dart4.jpg

dart5.jpg

dart6.jpg

dart7.jpg

dart8.jpg

dart9.jpg

dart10.jpg

Still has a long way to go. It's a original 340 car automatic,391 rear. The 340 is long gone (rod through the block I'm told), It has a 360 now. Original Plum crazy with a white stripe, black interior. The only reason I bought it was it came with a ton of parts. Two people before me were collecting stuff and never did anything. The car has been hit everywhere but not hard enough to bend anything. I have parts with chrysler order tags going all the way back to 1978. The car has 59,000 on the odometer but a real hard life. Very little rust so I decided to save it. This is my first A-body. I have had a bunch of E-body 'CUDA's but couldn't afford to do one now. I will keep the pictures coming as I go. The front suspension is in now and I'm working on the engine

Thats why I bought this car. Both quarters are N.O.S and came with it. The right side was new but for a 72 I had to put the side marker light in. It also came with the drivers side door jam and 2 new trunk extensions. The only sheet meal I bought was the trunk floor spare tire piece.

Looking good!

Did you use 2X6's on your front end to roll it around? How did you connect the veritcal piece of wood with the horizontal piece of wood?

Thank you keep up the nice work!

I was too cheap to spend money on metal to make the frame. I used 2x6's drilled holes and bolted it where the bumper brackets go. The cross piece is a 5 1/4 piece of decking screwed to the front for support. the casters are off a walk behind mower and threw bolted into the 2x6. It worked great when there is nothing in the car. When I started putting the front suspension back together it was getting hard to move and creaking. This will only work with a shell don't try it with a complete car.

-
Back