Winter Garden Florida .

-

jimjimjimmy

lobsterman
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to drive a motor home with a couple buddies down to Winter Garden Florida .We are leaving on Dec 1st we should be there on the 4th and I am staying until the 11th . I was just wondering what there is to do like car shows boating gator hunting and i'm gonna take advantage of your cheap beer when i'm there also . I will probably rent a car .
anyone live close by ?

Hi Arron. If you do this take a day and go to Ocala to see Don Garlit's museum. It's an amazing place, you will love it. Bobby

Hi Arron. If you do this take a day and go to Ocala to see Don Garlit's museum. It's an amazing place, you will love it. Bobby

hey Bobby thanks I will try to get there it is only about an hour away . there can't be to much goin on in winter garden based on the amount of replies lol .

Mt Dora Museum of Speed! Northwest of Orlando, North of Winter Garden. My daughter, who lives in the area took me there while I was visiting in late July - neat place, lots of neat cars.

leaving in a couple days hoping to make it to New Hampshire the first day .

Good luck on your trip Aaron. Not a bad time of year to go there and the kids will love it, even if it isn't Moncton.

Jack

hey jack the kids are staying home with Tara just me and a friend ..it's his motorhome I'm just helping drive he's an older gentleman .

great saturday night cruise in at old town in kissimmee , more listings at flcarshows.com , plenty of head boats on both coasts , gator season is over.

Yea we just made it other than a blow out on the car in tow in Maine all is well we are staying at the stage stop campground sunny and 28 degrees

I like Florida, nice places to visit or retire. Not my favorite place to live and raise a family.

Well a flat tire isn't to bad. I had one a month ago in Maine as well. Remember the sunscreen while your there Aaron.

Jack
The thing is I never knew it was flat until a car warned me I towed it for about 5 miles ruined the rim and I couldn't find one anywhere so I towed it to Florida with the dummy on I found one today at the junkers.

great saturday night cruise in at old town in kissimmee , more listings at flcarshows.com , plenty of head boats on both coasts , gator season is over.
Hey breath I am going there Saturday night anyone else going ?
Thanks for the tip

Don't know anyone going but there are usually a dozen or more nice mopars. Make sure you stay for the parade at 8:30 sharp

The thing is I never knew it was flat until a car warned me I towed it for about 5 miles ruined the rim and I couldn't find one anywhere so I towed it to Florida with the dummy on I found one today at the junkers.

WoW, that's eerily close to where I had my flat. I was headed north though. All three lanes were packed with cars and I saw what I ran over but it was to late to avoid it. Maybe somebody is trying to make some extra cash on tires in the area. On another note, you might want to try "Manny's Chop House" while you are in the area. I know there is one not to far from you at 8520 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747

Jack

Weather is good here today not really much to do when you have no wheels anyone know where i can rent a hellcat for a few days do the dealerships rent?

Weather is good here today not really much to do when you have no wheels anyone know where i can rent a hellcat for a few days do the dealerships rent?
Doubt it you will be able to rent a hellcat, rent a nice big suburban, plenty of room in them. I would say to stop by and visit me in Sarasota but I am in Chicago dealing with a death in the family. Plenty of nice places where you are, especially old town in Kissimmee. Really nice car shows on Friday and saturdays. I you can,t find something to do on iRlo Bronson highway you are not looking hard enough. If I was at home I would drive over and meet you. Also you are not far from Daytona beach where you can actually drive your car on the beach. Watch out for the tides my friend parked on the beach and his car went bye bye in the tide he had to fly home. Enjoy yourself while you are here it is a great little piece of paradise, especially where I live. I moved here 31years ago and became a deputy sheriff, my wife is a paralegal here. We never looked back. Contrary to j par, it is a wonderful place to live and raise a family without worry of getting shot or mugged. Also you can conceal carry a weapon after completing a 3 hour safety course. Enjoy my friends, wish I was there to welcome you, maybe next time you visit I can meet you. Brian

Doubt it you will be able to rent a hellcat, rent a nice big suburban, plenty of room in them. I would say to stop by and visit me in Sarasota but I am in Chicago dealing with a death in the family. Plenty of nice places where you are, especially old town in Kissimmee. Really nice car shows on Friday and saturdays. I you can,t find something to do on iRlo Bronson highway you are not looking hard enough. If I was at home I would drive over and meet you. Also you are not far from Daytona beach where you can actually drive your car on the beach. Watch out for the tides my friend parked on the beach and his car went bye bye in the tide he had to fly home. Enjoy yourself while you are here it is a great little piece of paradise, especially where I live. I moved here 31years ago and became a deputy sheriff, my wife is a paralegal here. We never looked back. Contrary to j par, it is a wonderful place to live and raise a family without worry of getting shot or mugged. Also you can conceal carry a weapon after completing a 3 hour safety course. Enjoy my friends, wish I was there to welcome you, maybe next time you visit I can meet you. Brian

Brian you are absolutely right everyone I talked to is very nice and everyone i wave to waves back and they hold doors open just like back home.
It is a lot faster pace than I'm used to I ate at the Golden corral in Clairmont last night and it was very good.
Tomorrow night I am going to old town to the car show it should be fun. It would have been nice to meet you sorry about your loss .

Hi Arron hope your having a good time. Tara better have the snowblower warmed up we're supposed to get 15-20cm tomorrow into Sunday and another storm on Tuesday. Are you driving back or flying? Enjoy your time in the sun. Bobby

Bobby's right, you are going to miss the fun of the first real snow of the year. Brace yourself for the shock when you get home. Safe travels.

Jack

Hi Arron hope your having a good time. Tara better have the snowblower warmed up we're supposed to get 15-20cm tomorrow into Sunday and another storm on Tuesday. Are you driving back or flying? Enjoy your time in the sun. Bobby

Hey Bobby I'm having a good time it's cold and rainy here today I hope it gets better late on for old town tonight.
Just as my luck would have it I will probably be flying home in a snow storm I'm leaving on Monday at 1pm I should be in Charlottetown at 11pm.
Aaron.

-
Back