Winterport Dragway pics

-

Pine Tree Mopar

Mopar Maine-iac
Reaction score
Went to the track Sunday for the 1st time since 1976. Brought back lots of memories of a younger, more foolish me. Age has mellowed me out a little, but I think I've got that itch to spin my tires again. :burnout:

It's 1/8 mile bracket racing, and pretty much anything goes. This weekend had bikes, snowsleds, 4 wheelers, cars and trucks, running low 5's to 12's. There was a turbo Yamaha sled that ran 5.28/138, and he had to let off at 330' to get traction. A couple other sleds ran mid 5's, as did the rails.

There aren't many Mopars around here, but they had a few nice ones. There was even a Magnum with a stroker motor, that spun past half track.

They had the "King of the Street" race, which was the fastest street legal car. They had to go out on the road for about 10 miles to prove they were streetable cars. The fastest was a mid 5's big block nitrous Camaro, but there were quite a few that were right on his A$$.

Anyway, check out the pics, and sorry for the non Mopar ones. Tim

100_3636 (Small).JPG

100_3637 (Small).JPG

100_3640 (Small).JPG

100_3638 (Small).JPG

100_3639 (Small).JPG

100_3656 (Small).JPG

100_3661 (Small).JPG

100_3642 (Small).JPG

100_3643 (Small).JPG

Thank you pine Tree Mopar :cheers:
That looks like a nice 1/8 mile track

You sure did a good job on the pictures:cheers:

I am a big Bad Co. Fan :rock: music.

Invalid file :pale: I could not save it.:-k

Wait I did get it to my back ground!! Thanks

No problem Mike. Glad you liked them. Check out the web site for over 22,000 pictures. They also had lawnmowers and some old rods racing on Saturday, but I didn't go. There are some old gasser pics from earlier in the summer on their site. Check it out at www.winterportdragway.com. Tim

Nice pics, Love the Bad Co Dart,
I went back in 2001 for the first time since the late 70's got the bug bad. I am now going to delve into autocross and see if I can spin out in the Dart without damage.

The Dart was my favorite....until he tilted the nose. chebby powered. The GTX and Cuda both had 440's. I think the 56 Dodge pick up had one also. I'm not sure what the Plymouth Arrow had in it.

The last time I was there, I was racing my 68 Barracuda in D/S. I'm pretty sure I got stung hard by the racing bug Sunday.

Good luck with your Dart in auto cross. Sounds like a good time. Keep us posted on your progress. Tim

The Dart was my favorite....until he tilted the nose. chebby powered. The GTX and Cuda both had 440's. I think the 56 Dodge pick up had one also. I'm not sure what the Plymouth Arrow had in it.

The last time I was there, I was racing my 68 Barracuda in D/S. I'm pretty sure I got stung hard by the racing bug Sunday.

Good luck with your Dart in auto cross. Sounds like a good time. Keep us posted on your progress. Tim

The arrow belongs to Bob and Cici Eberle and they own Outragously Vintage specializing in cylinder heads. The car is powered by a 340, has w5 heads and 1050 carb. Its an awsome little car. The Eberle's are great people.

The arrow belongs to Bob and Cici Eberle and they own Outragously Vintage specializing in cylinder heads. The car is powered by a 340, has w5 heads and 1050 carb. Its an awsome little car. The Eberle's are great people.

Are these the people that gave you your bumper?

Lot of great people there. They don't act like they're better than anyone else, or mind taking a few minutes to talk to an "old fart". Just a nice downhome type track. =D> Tim

Are these the people that gave you your bumper?

Lot of great people there. They don't act like they're better than anyone else, or mind taking a few minutes to talk to an "old fart". Just a nice downhome type track. =D> Tim

Yep, same people that gave me the bumper.

Hey Jack, Here's the results of Sunday's race. Cici took 2nd behind a New Brunwick man. A woman from your neck of the woods was a semi-finalist in street. Tim

Winterport Dragway Results

King of Street, Modified Chassis
1st Place Richard Weaver, Stueben
2nd Place Joe Paluga, Bar Harbor

King of Street, Stock Chassis
1st Place Brandon Thompson, Belfast
2nd Place Jim Turner, Litchfield
Semifinalist Nicholas Moulton, Lagrange

Super Pro/Pro Final Results
1st Place Randy Therrien, Unity
2nd Place Russell Calder, Campobello N.B.

Super Pro Eliminator Day Race Results
1st Place Randy Therrien, Unity
2nd Place Rick Hunnewell, Ellsworth
Semifinalist Tim Huff, Dover Foxcroft
Semifinalist Don Barnes, Calais

Pro Eliminator Results
1st Place Russell Calder, Campobello N.B.
2nd Place Cici Eberle, Searsmont

Semifinalist Tim Wilcox, Easton
Semifinalist Mike Whitaker Jr. , South China

Pro Street Eliminator Results
1st Place Cory Seekins, Swanville
2nd Place Joe Paluga, Bar Harbor
Semifinalist Tim Wilcox, Easton

Street Trophy
1st Place Jeromy Carey, South China
2nd Place Dale Hustus, Searsport
Semifinalist Christine Leeman, Letang N.B.

-
Back