wiped

-

mikec

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am looking for info for wiper linkage for a 1973 duster 2 speed , I tried a set from earlier style A bodies but they seemed short and changed clocking of arms. had black plastic snap bushings , part numbers show they fit 67-72 A bodies. Are 1973 and up linkages different ? i bought new bushings for 73 duster , and they are the white plastic cap style .I have seen ebay linkage sets that are refurbished but can't see the numbers on them to verify. Hoping someone knows part numbers for linkages and crank arm for 73 2 speed or if i can use pars of the earlier setup. Thanks for any ideas.

Go to mymopar.com and dig around, they have service and parts manuals downloadable for free.
Wiper arms are as bad as pulleys getting them to match up properly.

Thanks 4spdragtop excellent source. found part numbers for linkage and crankarm .

Just remember to wipe front to back, or else you might have to wipe your sack.

I pulled wiper linkage from a '72 Dart at the salvage yard, and it had wee brass bushings and was assembled TOTALLY different than my '72 and my '75 Valiant, both of which used the white plastic bushings, as does my '93 Dakota. It was like the million mile solution to the problem, but I've yet to see if it'll fit my cars.

I took the linkage completely out of my cars and assembled with new bushings because they were such a PITA. YMMV, but the proper (i.e. OEM, not aftermarket) white bushings should be a ***** to assemble. Make a small vent hole and assemble with sockets and a clamp to fit 'em together. I used Silglyge to make mine smooth. Aftermarket/made in China don't fit right and fall the hell apart after 6 months.

Call your local Dodge dealer and get them from a early-mid '90's Gen 1 Dak if you need the white plastic ones.

As far as linkage, I think it's totally different from 3 speed wiper motors to other stuff, but I can't recall. Maybe someone else can chime in?

Hopefully that helps, although I feel like I didn't really address the question

The linkage that attaches to the motor is different for 2-speed and 3-speed motors.

-
Back